February 03, 2021
Fill The Niche: Sports
in Art Tips
There are plenty of disciplines that can be turned into cool artworks. Each of them could become a large collection appealing to athletes, sports fans, or fitness freaks.
By creating a wide range of illustrations, you are letting people express their passions for different sports and physical activity in general.
Think of it this way: there are over 800 sports disciplines to pursue around the world. That’s a lot, isn’t it? Most of these are not covered on Displate. For example cricket, fishing, or snooker – those are just a few of the topics waiting to be filled. Now imagine how many people are following or participating in them. Yup, it’s waaaay more! And they are all your potential customers.
1. Make a list of (at least) 20 sports disciplines. Feel free to use this list from Wikipedia if you're having troubles with coming up with them.
2. Write down any non-copyrighted stuff connected to them: from equipment and moves to motivational quotes
3. Plan your collections - choose whether you want to create one big collection devoted to sports in general or split them into specific ones
4. Create original and unique artworks only
5. Now that you know that you should create your own, original artworks, let’s get to work! Remember to prepare your designs properly for upload on Displate - read more.
6. Once you have your designs ready for submission, use these tricks to boost your collections:
Remember! You have to come up with your own art style without violating any third party rights. Make your collections funny, inspirational, or serious, as long as they fully showcase your original idea.
Get inspired by the artists who found their own way of expressing people’s passion for sports.